Bunker Bash 2012

ian2b

The Bunker Bash 2012 show will be held on the 19th & 20th May.

Now in our 7th year

Open to all Re-enactors/Living History Groups.

Militaria Fair, Arena displays, Battles, WW1 trench system, WW2 Allied & Axis trenches, Woodland War Walk with Battles,

All vehicles welcome including Heavy Tracked.

Onsite Catering & Beer Tent.

The Bunker is on the A128 Brentwood & is in easy reach of the

M25, M11, A414, A13, A12 & A127

please contact us on bunkerbash@hotmail.co.uk

or call 07971052195

Website http://www.bunkerbash.co.uk

updates to follow

Bunker20Bash20201020Advert EDIT.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had our first Living History site meeting for this years show on Sunday. Plenty of work ahead of us this year clearing new areas in the woods.

We have had a request to build another bridge into the woods so that we can get the Halftrack & Live firing Sherman Tank in there. I'm hoping to start building the bridge next weekend.

The Sherman & Halftrack with mortar crew will also be taking part in the Main Arena Battle & the "Woodland War Walks" Skirmish, with the Sherman's main gun being fired during both events on Saturday & Sunday

There will also be the opportunity to win a ride in the Sherman & fire the gun in the arena on both days of the show. Tickets will be on sale during the show.

Anyone with a bit of free time at weekends who may be able to lend a hand preparing the woods etc just send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Groups Booked in so far..

• StahlKreiger
  • First Allied Airborne
  • Panzer Lehr
  • Russian 2nd Guards
  • Home of the Brave
  • 25th Bomb Disposal
  • GI 44-45
  • MECO
  • 5th Special Forces
  • Air Cav
  • Vickers Machine Gun Society
  • Provost 80
  • Panzer Fusillier
  • Guards at War 39-45
  • Suffolk Regiment
  • Ruckmarsch Kompanie
  • Croatian Forces
  • Das Heer
  • History Horse
  • Rangers Re-enactment
  • 116th Panzer Der Windhund
  • EAFFG
  • The Green Howards
  • EMLRA
  • Cam-O-Lot

• "OMVC"

Edited by Marmite!!
Group added

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the entry form, although I can download one, receiving it just tipped the balance of decisions & so I have filled it in :-D

I was going to go to Amberley in Sussex, but for just over an hour's extra travel I can have 3 days of show not just barely 1 day. Besides I have never been before so it will be nice to have a change of scene & some different vehicles to look out. I'll just be in a Land Rover but any Humbers booked in I wonder?

Thank you for the entry form, although I can download one, receiving it just tipped the balance of decisions & so I have filled it in :-D

I was going to go to Amberley in Sussex, but for just over an hour's extra travel I can have 3 days of show not just barely 1 day. Besides I have never been before so it will be nice to have a change of scene & some different vehicles to look out. I'll just be in a Land Rover but any Humbers booked in I wonder?

Hi Clive,

Be good to see you at the show, as for Humbers we might have something for you to see so could be worth the journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Another work weekend out of the way, got plenty done, preparing trenches for the groups, also clearing & draining new areas in the woods ready for next years show.

Some feedback on the WW2 Forum from GI44-45

I felt it only right to big-up Lee and Ian from the BunkerBash team. I think its fair to say that I could not meet more accommodating folk. This weekend GI44-45 spent some time training and prepping our display ready for the show. The hours not minutes Lee spent helping out with the digger and providing logs was really appreciated by all of us in the group. The like of this I really have not seen at other events even when we can dig in.

If groups are sitting on the fence with regard to this show, then DON'T! It offers the chance to dig in proper, and do a display tailored to exactly what you want. Few events can really offer that.

2573233060080671336S600x600Q85.jpg

2618076650080671336S600x600Q85.jpg

Once again , "Thanks" Ian and Lee!!!

Update: Groups Attending..

•StahlKreiger

•First Allied Airborne

•Panzer Lehr

•Russian 2nd Guards

•Home of the Brave

•25th Bomb Disposal

•GI 44-45

•MECO