Ferret Centre Bin

ch5993

Having recently had a run in with a Saracen, the centre bin of my ferret mk1 needs some TLC. Having heard that its impossible to get hold of a new bin I'm considering making a new one by salvaging what i can and making new bits as required. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or any drawings that i could use?

Also, out of curiosity, is it still possible to get hold of any of the other bins?

Chris

Having recently had a run in with a Saracen, the centre bin of my ferret mk1 needs some TLC. Having heard that its impossible to get hold of a new bin I'm considering making a new one by salvaging what i can and making new bits as required. I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or any drawings that i could use?

Also, out of curiosity, is it still possible to get hold of any of the other bins?

Chris

I have a centre and front left bin for sale in Hereford if anyone is interested.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
Laurence,

could you please post some pictures of how you have or do make them? Im hoping we can all learn something from what you are doing.

Robin

hi Robin Imake a template in ,cardboard, cut metal ,front and sides one piece. Using apress put idents into front panel cut holes for rope anchors ,make these anchor indents [these take alot of time if you dont have a jig for the press] bend panels to shape and weld together .Even if you have the gear they are sods to make thats why nobody does them. Iwill be making two in the new year one is for me the other is sold[£320] will

try to remember to take pics

Laurence