Ardingly

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Good to meet up with fellow forum dwellers, at show,.well, esp those from far oft areas, :), Cat and Pat W, Vince and Nic Jones,.....Swill, my Bedford was there on Sat flying HMVF flag, and yup, the sand gantry owner is HMVF'er, along with the cookhouse landy owner; sorry we didn't get a chance to say 'Hi'.

A question for all,.....what does a missed gear change, a twinkle roll, 4 folk in a scammell cab and a micraphone crackling like a bag of pork scratchings on reheat have in common...............:cool2:

Andy

Good to meet up with fellow forum dwellers, at show,.well, esp those from far oft areas, :), Cat and Pat W, Vince and Nic Jones,.....Swill, my Bedford was there on Sat flying HMVF flag, and yup, the sand gantry owner is HMVF'er, along with the cookhouse landy owner; sorry we didn't get a chance to say 'Hi'.

A question for all,.....what does a missed gear change, a twinkle roll, 4 folk in a scammell cab and a micraphone crackling like a bag of pork scratchings on reheat have in common...............:cool2:

Andy

I went to the show on Sunday and there was only the sand Bedford there. I was really looking forward to meeting some more forum members, but at least there are still a couple of local shows before the end of the year.

Perhaps I'll have to invest in a 'T' shirt and a sweatshirt so then I can be spotted rather than waiting to find members the hard way. Not sure that would be a good idea though.......... it might send other members into hiding. :)

I did have a bit of a lust for the American six wheeler behind the catering tent. (The one with the yellow bonnet front) Was that an R.E.O. 'Kin gorgeous bit of kit. :)

I did have a bit of a lust for the American six wheeler behind the catering tent. (The one with the yellow bonnet front) Was that an R.E.O. 'Kin gorgeous bit of kit. :)

that would be stuarts, will, just talk to anyone around the easy company camp they will direct you to the owner of the vehicle or pitch up at the cook tent, 118 dave is usually in there

next local one for us is Festival of Transport, hellingly :)

regards

Andy

Annoyed CW?:rofl:

I take it you mean my M54? Glad you liked it, makes it worth while taking it to shows when you hear good feedback.

(photo taken at W&P not Ardingly)

M541.jpg

Like it????????????? That is sex on wheels........ and coming from me, it's got to be really special to be that exciting. I'm not an American truck fan. I love the styling of it, the exhaust by the cab, the fact that it looks like it could take anything you could throw at it (Terrain wise), the mean look it has with a gun mounted on top of it, the perfect paintwork, the fact that it looks almost new, and I love six wheelers. If my Albion ever looks half as good as that one day; I'll be delighted.

Now I've run out of compliments, but if it was a woman........ I wouldn't be happy till I'd slept with it......... :cool2: :-D

That's the best compliment I've ever had, thank you, all restored by myself in my drive. My first ever project so comments like that mean a lot.

You can sleep in it but not with it :)

I'm sure your Albion will look great, sounds like you have high standards.

If my M54 is sex on wheels what is it when its dragging around my 5 ton of scrap shown below ??? (apart from slow)

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

Hi ABN,

They are tie down points for the cargo bed, very crude but affective. All the M35s I have seen with them have been done in the factory but all the 5 ton stuff seams to have been done at motorpool level with a gas torch