No Vulcan at Waddington.

agripper

Just come back from Waddigton air show. was a great day but sadly no Vulcan . When we arrived it was parked at the end of the runway and expected to see it fly .Sadly it came over the PA that it was not flying teh reason given soundly a bit fishy. with this said I expected it to at least do some traxi runs but we didnt even get this. I went to Waddington to see the vulcan so feel let down. Even dug into my pockets when the last cry went out to help keep it flying. Begining to wonder whats going on? Anyone know the real reason why it was grounded. The reason on there web site does not make much sense. |Find it hard to believ that they only knew the aircraft was not able to fly until this morning?

I took my Reo to Waddo (300 mile round trip)

purely to see 558, obviously disapointed but had a good time anyway

The permit to fly was not issued due to destructive testing on a scrap Vulcan not being done on time and an extention to existing permit to fly refused.

XH558 flew right over our house on Fathers Day. I heard a jet aircraft and ambled outside expecting to see a KC-135 Tanker going towards RAF Mildenhall and low and behold is was the Vulcan flying pretty low, below the cloud base.

Apparently, it was in-bound from Holland and heading to Kemble Airshow, via Duxford military vehicle Day and if you draw a line between them, it crosses our house!

How lucky was I !

At the Wellesbourne event on Fathers Day, with the taxi runs of XM655 we had a surprise visitor that even the organisers didn't know about till on the day.

558 appeared while 655 was on the runway, did one low flypast right over 655, then again & we all thought that was great then it came round for a 3rd time and did a steep climb and banked right, fantastic & what a sound, made my day.

This was done as a big thank you to the Wellesbourne team who helped get 558 back in the air.