And what did you do with your Easter Weekend

Dougy FV432

It was somebodies idea that we paint one of my trailers at the bank holiday weekend, unfortunatly she had the biggest one in mind.

We started Good Friday morning with this........

FromThis.jpg

And Monday night we only got this far..............

ToThis.jpg

Got the left hand side rubbed down and 2 coats of primer, half way down right hand side. Rubbed down and primed the metal work on the bed and gave the bed boards 1 coat of B&Q fence paint (Forest green of course).

Still got lots to do and haven't touched the loading ramps. Used 10 litres of red oxide paint, worn out 2 wire wheels for the grinder, had to take the nato green paint back because it had reacted in the tin.

And I still managed to deliver an artic load of salad bowls to Tamworth with wrong address, Go on an Easter egg hunt with the boy (and find the most) and the girlfriend managed to look after her horses 20 miles away.

Glad to be back at work for a rest.

Dougy

We seem to have a family tradition of changing gearboxes over Easter weekend and this year was no exception.

Good news however was that it was the Jeep gearbox going back in.

My youngest son helped me manhandle it back into place on Good Friday then I spent Sat and Sunday reconnecting everything. The clutch release arm cost me 1.5 hrs of fiddling and falling into the bellhousing :evil: , then it just slipped into place :D how does that happen :?:

The sun came out Monday and I took the oportunity to go for a shake down run and test drive, it all works :D:D:D

My father in law was over from Oz so he had his first ride in the Jeep and we went up onto the South Downs for a photo shoot, no pics yet as he still uses real film :!:

Cheers

Paul

Spent the weekend unwinding in West Wales - this seemed to have involved half the contents of a bottle of brandy but I can't recall exactly what/why/when or how for some inexplicable reason........

When still compos-mentis - spent the weekend trying to juggle the bank figures such that all things are Go for the 1st week in May - fingers (and everything else) are still crossed!!!! :D

We had a Wartime Weekend Event on Sun/Mon at the National Railway Museum Shildon. I took my B-17, P-47, Vengeance and Jeep, 'though the jeep broke the rear prop shaft on the way there when the universal joint bearings failed. I spent a while in a layby removing the shaft and went the rest of the way on front wheel drive.

Here's the B-17 and Vengeance

b17a.jpg

Dad's USAAF Navigators Display

nav1.jpg

nav2.jpg

and some of the guys

general.jpg

loco2.jpg

A larger selection of pics will be posted shortly on the NE MVT site

Steve

And what did you do with your Easter Weekend

Hmmmm!! I was working!!! :x The Easter weekend is the weekend for the aquatic market.

But, I did take the Ferret for it's first run of the year :D and I've started rubbing down the Militant's cab. :shock:

Hello Dougy, the tractor and trailer should look good in Nato Green. You could tell people it's Ex-MoD as well! :wink:

Regards

Richard

Hello All,

Got a bit more done to the lowloader. Finished rubbing down the right hand side and got a coat of primer on it. Started on one of the ramps and all the top is ready for nato green. Got through another wire wheel and tin of paint.

As you say Richard they should look good when both done in army colours, I had kept pestering the girlfriend last weekend that I had wanted to paint a bit green, when she finially let me we found the paint had gone funny in the tin. Took it back to the paint supplier and they made me another batch no problem, and let me keep the dodgy stuff, might be OK for an undercoat on the wheels? We'll see.

No idea when I will touch it again, as next weekend the boy and I are of to Truckfest in Peterbourgh in the caravan, girlfriend said see might go and do a bit for me. Can see me going to 1st show with multicoloured trailer.

Once it is all done I suppose if I were to change the front grill on the lorry for a Seddon Atkinsen one, it could pass as ex.mod as the SA Stratos they used where basically the same cabs as the Daf 95's and if I remeber right Seddon Atkinson had to buy in Daf built cabs to complete the contract.

Here's me fixing one

RepairingSedAtk1.jpg

Dougy