Normandy '09

We are finally just back as well, vehicles are back to bed until they come out for Veteran's Day in a couple of weeks.

http://www.thetroubleshooters.com/pt-today/d-day09-001.html

Images are going up on the link above. It was good to see some of you out there, and ironic that we pulled in to Arromanches the other day just behind Ivor and Brandon (who live up the road), and last night were parked next to Dave Hebden (of Embsay/Bolton Railway) whilst waiting for the ferry - ours is a small world sometimes...

It's always a relief when the loaders rumble in to view......

IMG00221-20090526-1703.jpg

IMG00223-20090526-1704.jpg

IMG00227-20090526-1724.jpg

IMG00222-20090526-1704.jpg

Went trhough Carentan on the way up to Utah Tony, was going to look for you, but looking for a big green machine, there, would have been like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Had a good trip, several field repairs including a replacement downpipe to manifold gasket for the half track out of the bottom of a bean tin, and some single filament stripped copper domestic electrical wire. Sounds better than ever and i may never have to change it..... Had to fit a new condensor to the GMC on Omaha as the tide was coming in.... Luckily it was only the condensor, and i had one.... Had to weld the down pipe back to the manifiold mounting on the GMC as well - oh and collapsed 12ft of my drains by parking the half track on top of it - digging that out was a job at 02:00...... Hope we waved at many of you, even if we did not get to meet up.

Ken