my pics of normandy

Some good pictures there David. What time of day did you go to Pegasus Bridge as when we went yesterday it was raning for the couple of hours we were there and seemed like it was stuck in for the day.

we did pegasus on the sunday morning as the other two days were taken up with memorials

the first day after driving from the tunnel we stopped at the first cemetary where british and french soldiers died after dunkirk

the second day was montongermy where i had the photo of myself and two other rmp one of which landed on d-day then to cain i think

third day was bayoux for charles where i ended up pushing our standerd bearer and a officer told me to follow him and took us straight through the crowd to the rear of the standerds and in the afternoon to aramance where i managed to meet up with a few hmfv members before trying to keep our vetrans dry and safe

fouth day was the american beaches after pegasus bridge where one of the vetrans told me he had jumped off the bridge for a dare for a packet of fags

in the evening i took a few down to hornfleur where we were stayng and found a local bar where the locals respected the vets and we ended up having a singsong with a young lad playing the accordian

the vets never paid for a beer all night

yesterday we came home but all the vets want to do it again in 5 years time

Oh right ok David thanks for that as I was just going by the date on your pictures. Yes Sunday morning was lovely for the most part so explains the blue sky.

That's great news about the veterans let's hope that it does happen again as I will be going back for sure!!!