Yorkshire MVT Crank Up at York Castle 19th April

I'm recently back from a great day out in York with the Yorkshire MVT for their 10th Annual Crank Up display at York Castle. We left Washington at 8am in a small convoy of two, 'Skint George' with his new Lightweight Landy, plus Lynne and myself in 'Jessie', with grey skies overhead and a chill in the air. We met Mike with his M38A1 at Scotch Corner and by 10:05 had arrived in the layby at Tadcaster where the main Yorkshire group were assembling for a run in to the city centre.

There were about 20+ vehicles on the convoy, including three Reo's, Morris Quad, Humber Staff Car, Landrovers, Austin K2, Jeeps, Dodges etc. Within about half an hour of arriving at the green beside the castle, the sky cleared and for the rest of the day the sun baked us. In the end there were around 63 vehicles in attendance.

Whistlinwolf ( Jeep ) , Ivor ( Humber Staff Car ) and Simon ( Militant ) from HMVF were there, and possibly others ( anyone want to admit to being there? ). I've only just started looking through my pictures from the day, but here's one taken from the top of the hill beside the castle, and the castle itself.

More later!

http://www.sacarr.co.uk/mymvs/events/2009/york5.jpg

http://www.sacarr.co.uk/mymvs/events/2009/york6.jpg

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

what a lovely day out, was nice to meet Mr & Mrs Jessie Jeep, Ivor and others. The sun shone all day, the militant didn't miss a beat, can't wait for the next show now. Hope you all got home okay?

Good to meet you yesterday, we got home fine but had to stop for "petrol" and after sun cream!!!

SDC10038.jpg

SDC10039.jpg

SDC10040.jpg

SDC10043.jpg

SDC10044.jpg