jeep distributor unit

ashley

Question

Hi all,

i am trying to remove my distributor(complete) on the jeep but cant get the sod to budge, have tried a strop oil filter tool but too big.

As unit is cast can`t us hammer any ideas anyone ?

Ashley

5 answers to this question

B&Q do several different sizes of a gripping tool which consists of a plastic handle and a rubber strap, although they might appear to be rather unsubstantial I have found them very useful and have used them successfully when all else has failed. Might be worth a try.

Can I advise not to hammer round dist area as it is quite thin walled there and a 65 yr old(ish) block might crack easily and would be costly. Plenty of penetrating oil and gentle heat ? not a flamethrower though lol

Gary

Hi all,

i am trying to remove my distributor(complete) on the jeep but cant get the sod to budge, have tried a strop oil filter tool but too big.

As unit is cast can`t us hammer any ideas anyone ?

Ashley

Get jack to help he's good with things mechanical so he told me :rofl::rofl:

Have you undone the clamp at the base of the distributor, or undone the locating nut

Yes but it was still impossible to remove. Now completed the task after nearly two days of work tapping block with small hammer,heating block portion with blowtorch and the use of a chain type oil filter removal tool and plenty of lubrication :sweat:

Thanks to all for suggestions

Ashley