glider to Normandy

ford 369

some time ago there was a request by someone for the winch mechanism to attach a dakota to a horsa glider for a glider either being built or restored to fly to Normandy this year,does anybody know if this project was completed and will it really be flying to Normandy this year and if so where and when will it be landing?

Nigel

some time ago there was a request by someone for the winch mechanism to attach a dakota to a horsa glider for a glider either being built or restored to fly to Normandy this year,does anybody know if this project was completed and will it really be flying to Normandy this year and if so where and when will it be landing?

Nigel

I think Neil Stevens has something to do with this, there was info on here but I think it was lost in the Big Forum Crash

I dont think it was the assault glider trust doing this as I think the glider was being built in the USA andbeing bought over in an American air force transport plane

By coincidence I have just been loking at a Normandy tourism website with details of events going on around the region and found this;

St Mere Eglise 31st May 2009

Waco glider flyover ( place and time to be confirmed)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

are there any of these gliders flying? Was able to go in the Horsa that was stored at RAF Henlow some years back , this was one of those used in D Day but dont know if this is accurate informoation or not, does anyone have any further details on this one?