Electronic ignition and alternator conversions

Hi. I'm Frank Jolley and I run Jolley Engineering. We design, manufacture and sell electronic ignition kits all MVs, including Jeeps, Dodges, GMCs, Chevies, Morris, Austin ........ you name it. If we don't already have an off-the-shelf kit, we can design one for you. We also do 12v alternator conversion kits for jeeps, GMCs and Dodges. Our website is http://www.classicheads.com, and email info@classic heads.com. I have had the same Willys MB for 35 years, which was my first car, and which I learned to drive in. Best regards Frank

Hey welcome aboard Frank and wonderful to have you here!

I have asked Frank to join us as he is a wealth of knowledge and has agreed to offer advice on electronic ignition, 12v upgrades etc etc and anything else that he can help.

He is a businessman and offers a good service and has a great reputation to protect. Coming on forums like this can be a high risk business for some people so I would ask you all to offer the same level of respect to Frank as you do to each other.

This forum, as you know isn't like most forums, it is full of dam fine people with massive regard for each other, just because Frank is a business doesn't mean that we can shout, scream, point, slander him, that is strictly against the rules :twisted: he is here to help.

If you have any 'off topic' questions that you would like to ask Frank then please use your PM system.

Anyway, the official bit over and can we do a group buy discount Frank :wink:

Cheers.

Jack.

Hi Frank,

Good to have you here. I have a question but rather than PM you I though I'd post it as I'm sure others will be interested. on your web site you list engine,gearbox and transfer case rebuilds for Jeeps,will you also carry out rebuilds on other vehicles such as Dodge WC?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hi. First of all, thanks, Jack, for asking me to come on the forum. I'll try to answer any technical questions as well as I can. Remember, I've been working on jeeps since 1971, including periods when (until recently) I have used my Willys MB as my everyday vehicle, and also as my company pickup truck. So reliability is what I know about - and the amazing thing about 60 odd-year-old jeeps is they ARE reliable if maintained well. Certain minor modifications help - this is where electronic ignition and alternator conversions come in. The same applies to any MV, although for practical reasons I wouldn't go to work every day in a GMC, for instance. But I am a firm believer that anyone who owns a jeep, or any MV or classic car for that matter, wants to ENJOY it. When the sun comes out in the summer, he wants to jump into his jeep and drive off somewhere, without the fiddling around to get it to start, and without worrying that he's going to break down while he's out.

I’ve raised a new topic in MV Chatter, so please continue the thread by going there.

Hope I can be of some help. Thanks for asking me, and best regards Frank Jolley, Jolley Engineering