The diggers , a group of archeologists , who search on the former battlefields of Flanders may no longer proceed their activity,

They have been brought to trial by a professional archeolog , and he seems to have the Lady of Justice on his side,

Industrial plants are rising on Flanders Fields , and the secrets and victims will be sealed for ever under the concrete,

The diggers have done great work , several soldiers of the Great War recieved at last a final place , after having been hidden several decades in anonimity, near their comrades on a burrial ground

Lots of artefacts , silent wittnesses of time have been brought to surface,

It's a shame that some people try to deny and forget !!!!!!:???:???

The diggers , a group of archeologists , who search on the former battlefields of Flanders may no longer proceed their activity,

They have been brought to trial by a professional archeolog , and he seems to have the Lady of Justice on his side,

It's a shame that some people try to deny and forget !!!!!!:???:???

already discussed under this thread, you have your view about amateur archaeology, others disagree...

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=10238

however, no one is forgetting,

just look at all the excitment over the Red Cross archives being opened up for research and the potential for naming those buried in the graves being dug as a result

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7940540.stm

This archive exposed by Peter Barton is fascinating. He has long been in demand at WFA talks and I've managed to miss him twice at Southend.

I'm sure I was told by another Great War nut that our own CWGC hold map references and details for all graves found on the Western Front and that they kept this quiet because of the fuss it would inevitably cause. The best case in point being Jack Kipling. He was 'identified' in what some think was spurious circumstances. I don't know, I am no expert.

What these records might do is show up errors. There are groups of highly motivated researchers looking at many of them to get names added to The Register and highlight errors. Our very own Grimmer may care to comment soon. A case in point is the fabled John Condon "age 14" buried in Poelcapelle, who history records as the youngest combattant to die. According to the Census taken in Wexford during 1911 he was eighteen and it is possible the man in his grave is another poor soul altogether. But

these things become solidly fact.

If Barton's research leads to people being identified that is wonderful, but I am not surprised the British kept this sort of info "quiet" because there would surely have been thousands or tens of thousands of anxious and often ultimately disappointed relatives all wanting to get their man identified. It was an additional cruelty someone decided to let slip.

The poignancy of the unknown soldiers is so powerful; for them to become something of a circus would greatly trouble me.

Good and bad. We are now approaching the time when the Great War will leave living memory. Things that may have upset the living will slowly come to light, amongst other things we are approaching the 'Hundred year seal' mark. Going to be an intresting time.