Not a humber pig

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

P8230272.jpg

I am facinated by x military kit thats still around today in a totally different guise.

like the bugalow on the queen Mary trailer.

Has any one seen this DC3 about or know any thing about it it.

Post your finds here as you find them,cheers CW.

CW,

Thought it was one that I had come across before, but on finding the photo, it is a different one, but also from Australia.

This one was prepared by members of the Royal Australian Navy to take part in the 1992 Variety Club Redex Bash ( we were out there with the REME entry, long story might tell it one day ). It was built on a Maple Leaf Chev truck chassis. I had a look inside it and the "cockpit" was not at all impressive, from memory, the dash was a bit of board to the right of the steering wheel, with just the normal basic guages. As our route took us over some very rough territory, from Sydney, through the Outback to Alice Springs then Ayers Rock, I am not surprised that they were last home every night :-D

DC3 bus.jpg

Edited by Richard Farrant

Thats a shame mate it needs all the right kit.i was thinking of having one as a

MPV Reckon it would fullfill the criteria.:rofl::yay::yay:

It's a bit difficult working out where it stops and the background starts. Is the Pagoda attached? and what about those blokes on the cherry picker, is that the observation lounge?

Looks like it came from the film The Big Bus.

"We're breaking wind at ninety". :-D

It's a bit difficult working out where it stops and the background starts. Is the Pagoda attached? and what about those blokes on the cherry picker, is that the observation lounge?

:rofl:

Did not notice that, not the best of photos I suppose. The pagoda is part of the Chinese Gardens, in Darling Harbour, Sydney, where the event started. If that is a cherry picker, it might be attached to the truck on the left :-D