Different marks of FV432

sirhc

I thought it might be useful to put a few photos up here with the main differences between the various marks.

Mk 1 has a B80 petrol engine, the exhaust exiting from the top rather than the LH side. There is a hinged hatch giving access to the engine.

Mk 2 has the K60 diesel engine, the exhaust exits from the LH side.

Mk 2/1 has the same engine as the Mk 2, but the NBC pack is flush with the hull. Both the Mk 1 and Mk 2 have large external NBC packs.

Mk 3 aka Bulldog is fitted with a new engine and powerpack. These are usually covered in various bits of add on armour, but you can id them using the extra hatch cut in to the front armour.

Chris

432 mk1.jpg

432 mk2.jpg

432 mk2-1.jpg

pm24.jpg

Edited by sirhc

That'll be £75 for using my snap without permission. :-D My lawyers, Sue, Grabbit & Run will be along directly.

In all seriousness, this is a good threa. Liking it. More photo examples to clarify please. Edumacation is why I'm here!

David,

There was a good 432 website a few years back with a lot of the Mk 1 details. I have driven one, but it was some time ago. The dash is similar to the Ferret, with this extra bit..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/432-instrument-panel-ammeter-FV-wiring-connector-Champ_W0QQitemZ160318976439QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET?hash=item160318976439&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Chris

That'll be £75 for using my snap without permission. :-D My lawyers, Sue, Grabbit & Run will be along directly.

In all seriousness, this is a good threa. Liking it. More photo examples to clarify please. Edumacation is why I'm here!

Not for spelling then!!!

Love ya snapper.!!!!!

i have a 432/30 its a mk2/1 type b it has the k60 its a runner but electrics pritty shot at the mo she is aparently 43 years young!

ps, any one know for a rarden 30 mm cannon as i have a victorian cast iron drain pipe :(

Edited by Marmite!!
tried to fix smilies formatting

:( i have a 432/30 its a mk2/1 type b it has the k60 its a runner but electrics pritty shot at the mo she is aparently 43 years young!

ps, any one know for a rarden 30 mm cannon as i have a victorian cast iron drain pipe :(

There are no deactivated barrels about at the moment, 1-1/4" iron pipe is not far off the correct size... do you have the flash hider.. I have a spare for sale..