Wire brush thingy..

Jack

Jack,

They are very good, but I will advise on wearing a full face shield and safety glasses, even a leather apron. I use these wire wheels every day in my work and the wires break away at speed of light, burying themselves in your clothing and body. Recently I came home and noticed my hand was catching on any fabric, could not see any rough skin, nor feel anything, only when looking with a magnifying glass did I see a 15mm wire that had gone in under the skin on the back of my hand. Also a few years ago, I was only wearing googles and a minute flake of metal went under the edge of the goggles and on to the surface of my eye. Once you have had to undergo treatment for this, you take extra precaution, believe me.

Another thing, do not put pressure on to the wheel, they work better using them lightly and brush last longer.

Health and Safety lecture over, carry on.

Richard

Cheers Richard and makes complete sense and I am one for full H&S...the problem this unti basically exploded as the nut push its way through the unit :shock: :twisted: but it was very effective whilst it worked for 10 minutes.

What was I doing wrong?

...the problem this unti basically exploded as the nut push its way through the unit :shock: :twisted: but it was very effective whilst it worked for 10 minutes.

What was I doing wrong?

Jack,

I see the nut laying on the truck, you do not use that with the wire brush, only to retain grinding wheels. The wire wheel is tightened on to the backing washer, which is keyed to the shaft, looks like it is place on your grinder in the photo.

Richard

Hello all,

I have just bought one of these wire wheels in the last couple of weeks to clean up an air tank for my lorry. It did as well as I expected and made the whole job quicker and easier.

Totally agree with the goggles. Have had to have metal dug out of my eyes with a needle twice now through work, not a pleasant experience. the only thing that was worse was having to go back a week later to have the rust dug out. Never again!!!

Dougy