Whats the best way to clean this?

rippo

wiringdiagram.jpg

This is the wiring diagram from under the bonnet of a Bedford Mw. It seems to be some type of transfer on a steel plate. It should be a white background, you can see bits of it around the edges. What would be my best bet to remove the grime from it?

The picture shown is a scan of the plate, it desn't quite fit on my scanner. Pete gain was very carefull removing it!!

Mike i thought of your idea, as it dosen't seem much more than a piece of paper stuck on a sheet of steel. It explains why these plates are so hard to find, everyone i've come across on a truck has either been red rusty or painted over.

Although the wiring diagram is for an early bedford, you can see the larger side lights. It also shows blackout covers and the convoy light. the manual i have for mine dosn't show a convoy light. Also the early plates were pressed alloy, all the others on my vehicle are. This also tie's up with the material shortages, data plates being changed to steel rather than alloy along with other fitments. So for that reason i not going to try and make another as it would only be the wrong one. I'll have to keep searching, don't tll me you have a stack of them down under mike? Hope your taking care of those lovely air filters!!! :rofl:

I still want try and clean it up, i might see is an art restorer might have a go at it.