Rememberance day!It has no meaning for some people!

Lord Burley

@ Vets Dottir; thanks for the link. Had just some "live experience" since I went out to take part a Remebrance Day Service (and I have my first poppy now :-)). Shall I post some pics?

Glad you appreciated the link ;)

And glad you have your first Poppy!!! I look forward to seeing any photos that you post so will look for that thread you do ;)

By the way, in recent years I remember talk about changing the design of our Poppy, one of the reasons being about them easily being knocked off I think, but in the end, nothing every came of the talk and the poppy stays as it has always been.

Although, I understand that in years past, the felt part in the center of the poppy was a different color than it is today, I believe it was green. These days its black. It also looks like different countries have their different designs of "poppy" but I'll have to check that before I can say for sure. I know I've seen different styles, say on USA folks, but don't know if those were the standard/common ones.

Every year I always spot Poppys laying on the ground where someone has lost it and I used to always rescue them, then I thought it's nice to leave them as well, because everyone walking by and spotting it will be reminded, or be curious and might ask someone what the poppy is all about, and learn something about history :)