What is this 2

Nick Johns

I don't know yet Nick but it looks as unlikely a candidate for adoption by the military as the Militaire, and just as over complicated!

Looks like a set of tracks within a set of tracks! Some of it looks well engineered and some very flimsy. Obviously the work of an eccentric inventor.

It has at least managed to surmount a lump of wood, but anything much bigger would catch on the track guides hanging down at the front! I wonder if it isn't some type of mill apparatus that looks like it could be self propelled and the bloke is just sitting on it for a larf. There are no controls to be seen.

It has at least managed to surmount a lump of wood, but anything much bigger would catch on the track guides hanging down at the front! I wonder if it isn't some type of mill apparatus that looks like it could be self propelled and the bloke is just sitting on it for a larf. There are no controls to be seen.

I wouldn't have thought so. The seating position looks too good to be accidental. The wheels either end are motorbike rims purposely used for the task. If it had been some piece of mill machinery it would have had wide smooth wheels to suit those belts.

Well, it looks to me to be a part of a mobile self propelled weaving loom. The bobbins give the game away. It would have full bobbins of yarn on it, and as it is driven along carpet comes out the back. Simple really! :-D

There ya go dudes.................. welcome to Wills juvenile side. :rofl:

Well, it looks to me to be a part of a mobile self propelled weaving loom. The bobbins give the game away. It would have full bobbins of yarn on it, and as it is driven along carpet comes out the back. Simple really! :-D

There ya go dudes.................. welcome to Wills juvenile side. :rofl:

Could be something in that given that the driver is wearing a flat cap, often associated with Yorkshire the traditional home of woollen goods. :-)