Barnes fails

Snapper

Jack will be angry with me. I met Professor Richard Holmes yesterday during a talk he gave at the Royal United Services Institute in Whitehall. He is an amazing guy - but I'm afraid I baulked at asking him to do a chat for HMVF because he does not come cheap. However, I can tell you that his talk on the Great War was fantastic and I was amazed to note several faces in the audience including Captain Peacock from Grace Brothers amongst others who was frail but determined. It was an honour to be there. I was the only bloke not wearing a jacket, but I did borrow a tie from my pal Lance, which we agreed was a regimental tie for the Catering Corps Kebab Regiment.

I'm hoping to catch up with the Prof again next year if some things work out and I would say I was priviliged to have been there yesterday. So thanks to my mate Lance ex-of the Royal Anglians and here's to the next one.

MB

Mark ( I am being formal now) this isn't good enough! Not what was your brief????

Get an HMVF interview out of him what ever the cost...and you bottled it - why on earth didn't you at least interview Captain Peacock?! He is a real captain, isn't he?

You still haven't had those bloody pictures off me, have you? I'm behind with stuff again. Backed up til next week. Hoping to run the MUTT at the weekend. Life is improving. The pro-tea-drinkers claim they'll be finished on Friday week. Then we get our lives back.

M :coffee: