wiring diagram for series 3 Landy

Ian Dunn

Hi Ian

We have some Military info at work(L.R. main dealer), will have a look as soon as I get time .If we have what you need I will photo copy it for you.

Not being picky but has the engine been changed?, it should be a 2.25, the 2.5 was only used later in the 90/110.

Cheers

Degsy

Hello Ian,

There is a copy of a wiring loom at the back of the lightweight handbook, I know it's not a 109 but it shouldn't be that different. Have you got a particular fault.

Have you thought about fitting a weber carb instead of the Zenith (if not done already), meant to improve fuel consumption quite a bit.

Dougy

Yes the wiring diagram in the lightweight handbook for the GS lightweight will be virtually identical.

some of the dashboard fittings will be different, due to the lightweight effectively having a 2A dash. AFAIK those should be the only differences, as everything else is the same, just the 109 has longer wires for the rear loom. :D

Thanks to you all for the help

I was having trouble at the rear end (before anyone says it .I ment the Landy!)

I have wired up a civy 7 pin plug on a lead, connected all the correct wires, but the R/H indicator will not work on the trailer board.

I am now going to connect up the NATO 12 pin socket (the 7 pin lead will be kept connected and in the rear locker).

'fingers crossed'

thanks again

Ian

• 3 months later...
Have you thought about fitting a weber carb instead of the Zenith (if not done already), meant to improve fuel consumption quite a bit.

Dougy

Have the Zenith replaced or rebuilt; the Webber does give better MPG, but only by virtue of it strangling the engine. You can get away with it on an 88, but (bitter) experience taught me that a 109 doesn't run happily with one fitted. I bought an ex-RAF 109 with a new Webber fitted by the supplying dealer. After a year of poor performance - 50mph max - the Webber was binned in favour of a new Zenith, and the improvement in driveability was remarkable.

My 109 Ambulance is currently persistantly showing symptoms of poor tune, and if the 26 year-old Zenith carb is found to be the root cause during this week then it will either be rebuilt or replaced with another - a Webber just isn't in the equation.