Home Comforts

Markheliops

Guinness should be cool, many UK pubs sell it too cold, even have an extra cold pump. I always asked for the warm one, I like to be able to taste it!

You can still be comfortable at a show while maintaining a military appearance. We won best camp at a show in Belgium because our nearest rivals with the most kit had a plastic picnic table. The MMVG's mess tent has all the home comforts as do most of the members tents but nothing non military is generally seen outside.

I made our shower out of a garden sprayer. Mix two kettle full's of hot water with one of cold, pump to the appropriate pressure and voila!

Holds about a gallon of water which I find is enough to wash with but not enough to let you get wrinkly (unless you started out that way!) Girlies need to rinse their tresses before getting in, doesn't bother me, I suffer from premature kojak-ulation:) It doesn't run at massively high pressure but there's nothing to break!

We have it set up in a cheap toilet tent.

Also use a gas/mains/12V fridge. Got it from the local caravan centre 3 years ago, never had any trouble with it - it's made by Combicool - although I suspect that they are all made in the same factory and branded later! I also give it 12hrs on mains before I leave home and then stick it on gas.