nets

34ba37

we always pegged ours down first & then raised the net up on the poles.

what kind of display are you doing, is it vehicles & tents underneath, ww11 or modern.

for modern

If we wanted to hide the tents but show off the vehicle it was easier to peg the net directly to the ground. make a tunnel by bending the lightweight poles & insterting them into pegs with cam pole supports attached have 2 about 8 feet apart & enough poles to make an arch going from 1 to the other.( thread through the net before attaching to the second ground peg. , it takes 2 people but looks real smart with the vehicle 1/2 in 1/2 out the tunnel & the tentage hiden at the back. making a dome shape.

the other way was to peg the net down on the corners with 6 ft long paracord creating resistance when you push the poles up. so the whole net is suspended, this can be done single handed.

hope this helps

berni

thanks berni, sounds better to peg it down first, but how do you

work out, how much slack it needs when you put the poles up.

its to cover a tent, back up vehicle (mini. ok dont tell any one. you dont see it under the net)

with a ferret outside, i've only got ridged poles, but sounds like i need some

lightweight poles,back to the field for more practice. thanks

it depends on how high you want the edges of the net to be off the floor. we used to aim for 5ft.

have the cord about 6 ft & tie 1 end to the net & the other to a ground peg, lift the edges up first with the poles & then do the middle one. the outside ones will then need a slight adjustment.

cam net has a habit of growing & stretching as the wind goes through it so every now & then twist it round the ground pegs to keep it taut.

to make it a more private living space & harder to see what is there it is better off being pegged straight to the floor with a small opening to get in & out of.

cheers

Berni

• 2 years later...

Doing 'modern' with cam nets is heck of a lot easier than doing wwii :-(..for one thing netting is heck of a lot lighter...........hessian type is ruddy heavy:sweat:still havn't come up with a GOOD way of supporting hesian netting decently

Andy

As Berni and Tony say, peg it down and then push it up before erecting anything else. Once the net is up and secure, you can make extra openings.

MMVG have got lazy and usually put netting up only for 3 day shows but it is about 100' by 50' (4 sheets)! We bought all new nylon netting and paid for it by flogging alll the old bits. It's two sided as well depending on time of year, the green on one side is brighter than the other.

:pfrt: I was struggling with one once when a vetran came past, I said to him 'I hate these things'. he laughed and said 'I know a bloke who hates them more'. He told that towards the wars end, he and his group had been parked up under nets suddenly there was a shout of aircraft. All the few lights went out and everyone headed for the ditches. A couple of hours later as they were making thier way back, a strange moaning was heard from the vehicles. Approaching with care they found one of the blokes had taken a running leap out of the back of a three tonner, and got hung up by his boots in the net. Poor sod had ben hanging upside down for the entire time.

As Berni and Tony say, peg it down and then push it up before erecting anything else.

Ahem,.........:cool2::cool2::cool2: :whistle: use to visit a club in Brighton where that sort of thing went on;..................:shocking:

Ahem,.........:cool2::cool2::cool2: :whistle: use to visit a club in Brighton where that sort of thing went on;..................:shocking:

Are you boasting or complaining:clap::-D