Diamond T Sergeants Key

HWade

I have still been unable to get a key for resetting the needle on the Rev clock. So i went through a mountain of old keys and I found one to fit the lock but it was unable to unlock it.So after taking the lock barrel apart and a bit of messing about the lock now works. So I can now reset my needle on the revs clock.

Regards

Howard

Yep

I should have done it alot sooner, guess I was just hoping for the right Key, but it would not have worked any way due to the lock being being full of git and dust.

Thanks for your support.

Howard

I can recommend a man trading as Keyrite in Reading, Berks. I took the glove box lock and the drivers door lock from my WOA2 into him and he made a keys to fit them. Reasonable price, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Howard -

I've discovered the Autocar also has one of these locks, and a red needle hanging around the "over-revved" mark!!!!

Does the key simply let the needle spin back to zero?

Do you reckon all keys would be the same?

Don't suppose you have the key number do you? :)

Thanks, Tony

Hello Tony

Sorry I dont have the key number but I found it very easy to remove the lock and take the barrel apart.I had a key fit the lock it was just a case of getting it to work.The answer to your other question is when you turn the key it just reset the red needle to zero.Mine works well so I can now see what max revs i get to.I recon you will be lucky to locate a key,thats why I did what I did with mine.

All the best

Howard