NORTH NIBLEY

berni

The time is upon us again to start filling in forms.

Nibley is up near the top of my list ( well I am section steward) and every year we have a large Military presence.

Usually I book in 100 & around 70% turn up. last year due to the popularity 98% turned up. We haven't got the room to accomodate that many vehicles safely and as such I will not be able to accept late entries.

on a normal year I get phone calls right up till the day of the show asking for entries & I normally try & accomodate everyone but this won't be an option for this year.

the show is for 3 days 16/17/18 june.

If you have never been before it is a fair sized steam rally with something for every taste.

Please PM me if you are interested & i'll get an entry form out to you as soon as I have more copies.

We do strive to keep the military section as military as possible & all caravans etc park up with the rest of the civilian camping.

it is a good show & has a huge following. there is always an auction on the friday morning where you can pick up anything from a rusty pole to a car in around 400 lots.

a real ale beer tent which is where we have a plentiful supply of black rat.

a fairground to keep the teenagers occupied

a huge variety of stalls which can take a few hours to look around.

The location is on a hill overlooking the 2 severn bridges with the most georgous views & sunsets. it is not far from Dursley & Berkley.

Look forward to seeing some of you there

ta

Berni

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Berni,

Was toying with bringing my fv432 this year, if your interested, are tracked vehicles allowed on site, don't recall seeeing anything tracked last year when I came along with my boy as a members of the paying public. (always never got round to booking in).

Whats the access like for a lowloader, I know they can get there, but I seem to remember all ways in are up narrow steep roads unless you know better way.

Dougy

we had a sabre in the line up last year but the area was overflowing so you may have missed it.

Militant graham is a regular attendee with his Militant & trailer, we also get a couple of scammels & trailers in as well, oh & also the Thorneycroft/Big Ben. I'm not sure which way up the hill they come but i'm sure if you pm militant graham he can let you know.

send me a Pm with your details & I'll get an entry form to you.

track vehicles are always nice to see at shows so you'd be more than welcome to join us.

cheers

berni

Hi Berni,

Hopefully you should recieve a PM of my details.

Don't remember seeing the sabre last year, but we didn't turn up till late on the Sunday and i think Dave had taken it home.

I will have to speak to either Graham or Terry to see which way they get there, will probably bump into them at Stoneliegh tomorrow.

Look forward to getting my forms, let me know if you didn't get the pm.

Dougy

hi dougy ,

i haven't got the pm sorry,

David has already booked the sabre in & there is also a Samson wanting to book in aswell.

i think Terry is bringing the Smaller RAF Thorneycroft instead of the thorny/big ben combination this year.

can you please try & re send your details as I think I may have experienced technical difficulties as my PMs out have not reached their destination.

hear from you soon

berni

Berni, is that Pete's Samson ? If so, I'll be bringing it on my trailer and he'll be bringing my SnowCat on his 7.5 tonner. I'd better post my entry off soon if it's filling up.

Doug and anyone else with a big vehicle. If you are coming from the South via wotton under Edge there is no problem. If you are coming from the North via Stinchcombe it's a bit tight turning right in to the lane off the B4060, even without a trailer I need a shunt with the Militant.

I don't know what the steamer low loaders do, but I think I will be going 50 yards past the turning and reversing down the next road on the left by the pub, then coming back from the other direction.

A couple of maps.

http://tinyurl.com/c3fr2

http://tinyurl.com/d9mmp

hi graham,

yes it is petes, i had a call the other night for a form so should be a good tracked turnout.

I knew you'd be the one to ask for directions in for the larger vehicle, cheers

for that Graham.

hi dougy i got your pm & a form will be posted shortly.

ta

berni

• 3 months later...

Hi Berni,

Nice to have met you at the show at Cam. What is the earliest acess to the Nibley show, is possible to set up the caravan earlier in the week as I am bringing my son and have found that when I get somewhere with the lorry and him I've got to feed him and get him to bed as he's only 5 and if the caravan was already set up my life would be so much easier, actually how early in the week can I get the fv432 there?

Dougy

i will be there from wednesday onwards but i'll check if you can get on site any earlier.

i know the caravan fields get packed but if you are lucky enough you can get parkec up so that the caravan is on 1 side of the rope & the 432 is on the other. there is a patch of the section where the 2 meet up.

i'll let you know as soon as i find out

now i know what you look like i can come over & say hi.

ta

berni