simca engine conversion

polecat paul

Hi all i,m just about to start on the engine conversion on the simca but i want to use the original gear box ,the engine that i,ve got is a 4236 perkins can anyone suggest an engineer to make a conversion to hook the two together in the north wales ,shropshire area. :D

Hi Paul,

There's a guy near Dolgellau who trades as Wildcat engineering,I'll see if I can get his number,he makes Rover V8's from scratch,built a jet car etc.

Matt.

Hi Paul

I know of several people who have bought Perkins 4.236 engines only to find that it was either the agricultural or industrial version which are in the majority and are of no use for a road vehicle. The only vehidles I can remember them being fitted in were Commers. I hope yours is one of these.

Cheers

Degsy

The engine came out of a mates dads series 2a landrover so it,s ok for the road apparantly landrover engineers actually went and took photos of the conversion because they said it could,nt be done,i saw it in action and it was awesome it just would,nt get stuck! :D

Hi Paul

They were quite a common conversion on Land Rovers and Range Rovers at one time but were rather slow, especially in the Range Rover even with an overdrive. If you have got room I would go for the 6.354, a friend put one in a L. Rover 110 and it was incredible.

Cheers

Degsy