East German Robur LO

chambers101

It's a small 4x4 truck. I think it said in bart vanderveens book that it was a forward control vehicle. Also petrol versions are LO and diesel is LD. Might be up in the area this weekend visiting grandparents so might try n get some pics.

• 2 months later...

There's a petrol one local to me in East Sussex that has been sitting around for several years. It has the four cylinder air cooled petrol engine. I did some work on it about 8 years ago for a friend who owned it, but he lost interest, and it has sat in various places since. It only had 400km on the clock when he bought it, and I think only has 2000 on the clock now??

I'll try to locate it and let you know more.

Jules

• 1 year later...

The Robur was a 4x4 1.5t truck made in the GDR. It came in several body types, the most common being GS. The were boxbodies in the CP and ambulance role. Most fire appliances were similar to ATVs - a GS with racks for the equipment. Some are still in service with (East) German Fire Brigades. There was also an unusual container (ambulance and CP role), with fold-out sides. There are still quite a few lurking around eastern Germany, preserved by die-hard commies!

Quite a few ex-NVA vehicles were brought to Mainz-Kastel, refurbished and sent to Africa as part of the German Foreign-Aid program.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

Several versions of the Robur LO - 1800, 1801, 2000 and 2002 all similar with different engines, differing load ratings and slightly different front end. Often to be seen at Beltring. I have now seen almost all the old East German vehicles there, though not all at once!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought two, an ex-NVA one and a ex-fire services one. Picking the fire engine up from Germany next week provided we don't get more ash from Iceland. The NVA Robur needs some work but is very low mileage so should make a good truck. The fire Robur is for immediate use this season and will probably be sold on later.