Santa Fe Event

Anybody from abroad commin over for this event? I've been there as a

visitor once but will go with the Screaming Ducks this year. It's one of the best events I've been around!

http://www.santafeonline.nl/GB/event/home.php

he Santa Fe Event 2008 will take place on June 13th-14th-15th 2008 in hamlet De Weerd in Roermond, The Netherlands. The event consist of a World War II-encampment including tents and vehicles of the Allied Forces from World War II. Construction of the encampment will start on Saturday June 5th. Participants are welcome to help shape the campsite and the laager as of Monday June 10th. On Wednesday June 11th and Thursday June 12th elementary school children will visit the encampment, as will some students from technological colleges. Friday June 13th a long roundtrip will be driven through the villages surrounding Roermond. Following the end of the roundtrip on the Roermond Market Square a Static show will take place, that will last only half an hour this time. Saturday June 14th and Sunday June 15th are open to public. During these days a number of demonstrations will take place. The encampment will feature a large tank course where tank owners and other vehicle owners can test their material to their heart’s content. There is a large tented bar, where refreshments will be available each day. Saturday evening a Liberty Ball will be held in this tented bar, where several bands and a DJ will add luster to the evening. The encampment is situated at a beautiful lake just outside of Roermond. From a hardened facility DUKW’s and Ford GPA’s can enter the water to set sail. This year will feature several re-enactment groups once again, that will perform mock battles on Saturday and Sunday, complemented by flights of ‘flying legends’, like the Mustang and Spitfire. And lastly, a large military market can be found at the encampment.

Registration as a participant with a vehicle, vessel or airplane, as a re-enactment group or as an exhibitor will be possible soon, either through this website or in writing to: Santa Fe Events, Westhoven 6, 6042 NV Roermond. The contribution for the various facilities is € 6,50 per person (this counts for the entire week or just a couple of days). Free participation is solely possible after written invitation by the organization. For official re-enactment groups and exhibitors different rates will apply (for further details check the website). Admittance fees must be transferred in advance.

For additional information, please contact Ton Maessen at + 31 (0)6-55794757.

For an impression of the encampment visit the photo album: Santa Fe Event 2007.

Here are my pictures from the 2006 event:

http://www.nieuwint.net/ww2/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=352

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=359&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=421&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=379&g2_serialNumber=1

Santa_Fe_1.jpg

Santa_Fe_2.jpg

And some pictures of the 2007 event:

Santa_Fe_2007.jpg

Whatever I replace the Iltis with - I am determined to get out and do a lot more in future. Attending events on the continent really appeals. This one looks a belter. But first I have to sell the Iltis. All I've had so far is internet tyre kickers and west african scammers. :-(

This one surely looks like one of the better ones. Unfortunately I'm busy at that time. Can anyone tell me what that little boat in the pictures is. I'm thinking of the little green one in the 2007 photos.

Marty

This one surely looks like one of the better ones. Unfortunately I'm busy at that time. Can anyone tell me what that little boat in the pictures is. I'm thinking of the little green one in the 2007 photos.

Marty

You mean the Grey one?

I've been told it was a WW2 wooden minesweeper.

This is really good stuff and I think it is something that will - people looking at attending different events in different countries.

What we need is some flambouyance, style and flare to turn events into 'experiences'.

I thinks events like RtV and the people behind is where it is at for me and for many others by the looks of it. I am looking forward to going with Jim and his crew and his Sherman to Tanks in Town. We need this sort of stuff here.

• 3 weeks later...