Humber Pigs in sussex

paul connor

• 10 months later...

John Newton has a Squirt & a Mk 1. Richard Anstey has a Mk 1 although he might be south Surrey. There was one without a roof used in a scrapyard. I have studied a photo of it, alas it is not a FV1609 but just a pig that has been severely butchered to be used as a scrappers tug :cry:.

But I did hear a rumour there was one in Brighton but not sure what condition it is these days :roll:

Yes i know Tony Warner well, alas my Pig rests next to his...

Also there is one in Worthing i have discovered, in sand and green camo?

John does have a mk1, a squirt, as well as another in his barn;) (in bits)

Would be nice the next war and peace to get a convoy going of pigs

The Hop Farm people are keen to have ideas for the 25th anniv show. If you use the forum to assess interest in a Pig meet at the show then I would be more than happy to speak to Rex Cadman and team if you want (I am on it in a snapping capacity) - but you can do it yourself, of course.

I would love to get the chance to snap a good set of Pigs on a sunny day. There is much emphasis on WW2 and 'Nam, but the dear old Pig and maybe the Humber Fv1600 truck as a line up would be grand, in my view. Discuss.

I shall be making a huge effort this W&P.

My pig shall be repainted and wearing Londonderry numbers and a complement of 8 mates, all in full 1970's attire, weapons and riot equipment.

And our camp site will be themed as much as we can towards the period.

Will be nice to see a Pig with full crew and correct battledress, and full of troups as well

!

Pig convoy would be good, i know Tony shall be joining me on the trip up...

anyone else?

Sir Paul, once you and your mates are ready, can we arrange a photoshoot???? Beltring or anywhere will suit me unless you can think of some old red brick location we could mock up????? (I even know a very nice man who is a member of HMVF with a smoke machine and a very expensive camera of his own). Anyone else wanting to join in say so now please. A seventies British army portrayal would be superb. You can keep the KF shirts, though (a long running theme of mine). Could be good. Could be bloody fantastic.

MB

Yes im game! my pig is now kept on the harbour, with lots of old buildings, but alas will be a few months as i have a lot to do to my Pig.. ill let you know when! and well, i shall meet you on the Underground trip?

Neil thomas? i know you! welcome! i bought your HVVPK landy!