Harrys Handywork

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Thats a shame to see the Otter like that... We did a couple of nocturnal beach landings from her way back when... It has to be said - a person with claustrophobia in a submarine is NOT a good combination. I survived it though.... :)

Thats interesting Neil,its great when a picture brings up a story was begining to think no one was interested.cheers ..

sorry heres another one.

OTTER20DEMOLITION2028.jpg

Like watching a fine work of art being destroyed.

It is a shame but i suppose we cant keep everything,

Thats a shame to see the Otter like that... We did a couple of nocturnal beach landings from her way back when... It has to be said - a person with claustrophobia in a submarine is NOT a good combination. I survived it though.... :)

Any more you can tell us about this Neil:idea:

Any more you can tell us about this Neil:idea:

No much can be told really. As you probably know - normally seaborne landings are the strict provenance of the SBS but exercises way back then were held to see how the Regiment could do them. They sent a 4-man patrol out on the Otter to see how they managed at getting ashore. Landing was dry but getting off wasn't. :-( Got soaked pushing off the beach and soaked again on re-boarding the sub - trashed the radio gear etc. They were never tried again.....

MORE of ARTEMIS. 1993

ARTEMIS2020SCRAP201993.jpg

ARTEMIS20BOWS20SCRAP201992.jpg

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

I think Harry's grey crawler crane is a rare LIMA (oh how sad is that?):n00b:

Somebody told me one has been restored somewhere recently,and the big floating crane is in liverpool docks.trying to get picture.:cool2:

Interesting pictures catty when were they taken and by whom (you?)

Hi Mark,A lot of the Pounds pics are mine inc the latest ones ,Robin Hinton took a lot of the subs,that was his thing,i was more into the vehicles and the yard.Its a good job he did i have never seen any others.THey were broken up in the early ninetys at harrys but hung around a good while after that.a couple went to grimbsby will put them on later.