Corowa 2008 New

"Corowa swim in" is Australia's largest rally of historic military vehicles based on the Murry river, on the border of NSW and Victoria the main photo shows some 197 vehicles. This was my first year and I attended with the museums 3 vehicles, an Israelite's half track, MRV and V1 a protoo type Vehicle to replace components of our old M113 fleet.

More photos can be seen on Doug's heavy metal and Maple leaf up plus other web site that were lost in the crash.

This brings me to the question were are all your Bren Gun Carriers, Vickers mark 6, Stuarts and Vehicles not American but of that age.

Paul

th_corowa2008.jpg

th_HistoricalmiliteryvehicalCorowa2-2.jpg

th_HistoricalmiliteryvehicalCorowa2-1.jpg

th_HistoricalmiliteryvehicalCorowa2008.jpg

th_11631corowa.jpg

th_11630corowa.jpg

th_11628corowa.jpg

th_11627corowa.jpg

th_M113corowa.jpg

Hi Paul / Shakey,

Saw your post on another thread asking about the website links for Corowa. Here they are again;

http://corowaswim-in.org

and

http://corowa30.org

The second link relates to a project to gather photos and stories from the last 30 years of the event, in order to produce a book to be published after next year's 30th event. Also it is intended to make a DVD with footage from past years, interviews and stories from participants. I have attended the event on four occasions and it is a great atmosphere.

Keith Webb, who runs the Old CMP website, produces films as a business, has made DVD's of Corowa and I have some available in the UK if anyone is interested ( please PM me for details ). They are featuring the theme years, such as ;

Year of the Blitz (world record on numberof CMP trucks gathered )

Year of the Studebaker ( another record of number of US6 Stude together )

Year of the Carrier ( a must for light tracked fans )

Year of the Armoured Car ( some unusual ones featured )

Richard