Scammell Explorer Gallery

The lady wife is bugging me about war and peace ?:nono:

What can you guys tell me about the show - charges, any good for small children, camping, stalls etc. Any views really :)

Also I heard a rumour that is moving venue next year - is this true and if so do any of you know where :???

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lady wife is bugging me about war and peace ?:nono:

What can you guys tell me about the show - charges, any good for small children, camping, stalls etc. Any views really :)

Also I heard a rumour that is moving venue next year - is this true and if so do any of you know where :???

last year was my first time at war and peace enjoyd it that much i was determind to retern with a scammell of my own . got the tuck all i need now is the show :-D Great show all round very freidly and very laid back atmosphere hope to see u there

Mr.Cadman who organises the W & P show, spoke to various people today at a Militaria gathering in Warwick. He suggested that the Hop Farm was not sure about the show for 2010, and so he was considering finding a new site?? Whether this was a wind up, or an honest comment??? Only Mr.C. knows.

The only obvious extra reason is that the agreement with IMPS, who originally started the show runs out this year, hence they are setting up their own show with Headcorn aerodrome this year in August. So numbers could seriously drop at W & P in 2010?

Jules

Thanks Jules, Andy and Young Gun for your replies on War and Peace - they have been really helful. :)

We live twenty miles north of GDSF site so would come up A303 M3 M25 which would be the best way from there to show site :??? How many miles roughly do you think I would do ?:-D

which would be the best way from there to show site :??? How many miles roughly do you think I would do ?:-D

dont worry about the mileage thor worry about that on the way back when you have too big a grin on your face to care . :-D thats my plan any way

Edited by younggun

It is normally possible to arrive a fair bit earlier than the actual show is on and leave after it has finished if you want to stretch it out mate ! I normally get there the Saturday before and even then it can be filling up ! Always room for more Explorers though !!!! :-D

This is why there will be no work on mine this weekend.:shake:

i was distracted at work today so walked down to check on mine and was greeted with the same veiw no working on scammell for me either this weekend .

some nice pics from dorset there thor i had a gd look round your truck last year ime looking forward to this year .

i was distracted at work today so walked down to check on mine and was greeted with the same veiw no working on scammell for me either this weekend .

some nice pics from dorset there thor i had a gd look round your truck last year ime looking forward to this year .

hopefully it should look tidy this year:cool2:if it stops snowing and i can get on with the cab:(

hopefully it should look tidy this year:cool2:if it stops snowing and i can get on with the cab:(

ill be there to make an ispection thor and so that u can tell me how u did it . mine needs some cab work mainly roof head bord windscreen and tops of the side pannals . but that can wait ime going to have some fun this year before i start pulling him apart

ill be there to make an ispection thor and so that u can tell me how u did it . mine needs some cab work mainly roof head bord windscreen and tops of the side pannals . but that can wait ime going to have some fun this year before i start pulling him apart

Wise words mate ! :-D

dont blame you i put mine off for a few years know. have lots off fun:cool2: