Hi from me...

Hi folks - my name is Neil and. currently I'm in the employ of the Ford Motor Co as a Systems Analyst. This, however is scheduled to change,probably in Q4 2006 as all our work is being transferred to Germany. As I'll be 50 then I'll qualify for SER and plan to use a portion of the severance pay to get myself a Stalwart. Original love was a DUKW - even went so far as to bid on one in an auction down under recently but the price went beyond the affordable after shipping had been factored in :(

So - plan B it is and the Stalwart has the bonus of being from my era of service!!

Right now I'm seeking knowledge so I don't have to go in to the purchase blind - did this once before and swore never again!!!

Hi Neil.

Welcome to HMVF and sounds like you will have your hands full next year.

Great choice in vehicle, I believe that they really are an underated truck. Ask away with any questions that you have..someone clever will be able to help 8)

Best wishes.

Jack.

Thanks all :D:D

Must admit to having been tempted along the way by a Saracen or a Panther as that would fit in the garage - but the other half doesn't like the military in general and DEFINITELY doesn't like weaponry so we've compromised on the Stalwart. Bit of nifty "footwork" on my part I have to admit - pointed out all the models for sale in BP livery and said it wasn't just the army that used them - but as a historical vehicle it would have to retain it's military livery - she fell for it :D

Welcome to you I like your choice of vehicle but do your homework, a pal of mine has one and spent the best part of 3 years doing work on it and has driven it 7 miles before the first breakdown, but they are nice vehicles so enjoy.

Mark

I know - hence me being here (and elsewhere) now - a year before even looking to purchase!!!

I aim to be at least conversant with the major issues and have a smattering of ideas about the "minor" ones when going to look at prospective purchases 8)

The warning example is appreciated though!!!!!!