Fitted Vokes filter on friends Norton 16H

welbike

Posted (edited)

So I did, all original stuff except the elbow fitting, (of which I still have some for sale). was a bit of a nuisance with grinding the rubbers, to make them fit the hold down brackets, but quite pleased with it now, no excessive noise, and bike runs very well, with original carb setup. It's a late war bike, 1944-1945, so some people say it would not have had tankrubbers, but they were on there, so I retained them. A shame that with British bikes, there are next to none factory pictures from the last contracts.

Cheers,

Lex

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

7c04030.jfif

Edited by welbike
spelling
  • Like 2

Nice work Lex. It looks like when they deleted the knee grips, there was only one hole for the filter strap. The first pic in the snow were delivered after Jan 44. But according to other pictures, the knee grips were  deleted earlier?

I'm not sure about the second pictures?? Is it in fact a B&W picture of a restored bike?  Ron

B 1944 C5267299 S.2602_zpsz8zulgdw.jpg

C4683816.JPG

C4103533.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ron, seems the rubbers were already deleted in 1942, I see a lot of period pictures without them from then on, but the threaded bosses were retained.

Think the middle picture is a period one, but can't find it in my files atm.

Steve, that is a tight fit with the elbow?  I still think there were 2 types of the non adjustable elbows, the difference in the angle, Nortons had them over 90 degrees, maybe it just looks that way in pictures?

Cheers,

Lex

Prototype 03.jpg

Edited by welbike

Likewise mine on my M20. There's only just room for the filler cap to hinge open. Like Steve, I thought it would be something different. Hardly anyone had ever seen a Talflow until the hoard in Pakistan came to light. I do however have 3 pictures of them being retro fitted to M20's,..... all in Burma.  They were also factory fitted to the M20's and C11's ordered by the India Office. Ron

DSCF3627 (3).JPG

Talflows 2 (2).jpg

Talflows 3.png

Talflows 4 Tommy-in-Burma.jpg

• Like 2