Normandy/MV prices

norseman 02

I'm considering returning to the world of MV ownership after a gap of some 18 years, but WW2 vehicles currently offered for sale with slogans such as ''ready for Normandy '80'' make me think that delaying a purchase until after this prestigious event would be financially beneficial.

Anyone else thinking along the same lines ?

Yes, Normandy ready may mean you'd pay a bit more. A bit like selling a convertible in rainy cold fall/winter or in a sunny springtime.

On the other hand more people may want to buy one after Norrmandy because the've seen them driving on the roads or on trailers.

Main thing is to not be hasty, take your time to see what's for sale and at what prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’ve also got the 80th anniversary of Market garden this year so prices are likely to be slightly inflated, personally I think your better to wait until the end of the year until the show season is over and compare prices then. 

• Like 2

I can't yet see a time when the rising price bubble will burst in the military vehicle scene.

As someone who keeps a close eye on the market there haven't really been any 'ready to rally but can be kept at home' bargains to be had for a good six or seven years now.

That is purely my opinion of course as it all depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Smithy said:

I can't yet see a time when the rising price bubble will burst in the military vehicle scene.

As someone who keeps a close eye on the market there haven't really been any 'ready to rally but can be kept at home' bargains to be had for a good six or seven years now.

That is purely my opinion of course as it all depends what you are looking for and what your budget is. 

You could be right, though I'm wouldn't be in the 'kept at home' market .. never really been excited by Jeeps etc. Most likely be looking for GMC CCKW or WC62/63

Smallest choice, in terms of physical size, would be a WC51/52

Do like Dodges, owned both WC54 & WC57 in the distant past. I'd love a Diamond T 968 but don't own an oil well !

Edited by norseman 02