3-pin connector on Clansman crewman's headsets, what's it for?

teletech

Question

I've seen it on several different headsets, crewman's and AVF crew, etc.  small 3-pin female connector in addition to the cable with the 7-pin connector.

I wondered if it might be an alternate pressel port, mic port (throat mic?), or perhaps something else?  but I just don't know short of tearing a headset apart.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, teletech said:

I've seen it on several different headsets, crewman's and AVF crew, etc.  small 3-pin female connector in addition to the cable with the 7-pin connector.

I wondered if it might be an alternate pressel port, mic port (throat mic?), or perhaps something else?  but I just don't know short of tearing a headset apart.

I think its for the respirator mic.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:16 PM, teletech said:

Got it, thanks for that.

I guess one more thing to pick up a couple of. 🙂

You'll be lucky. As a member of Command Troop I ran the 15/19H regimental Signals store between about 78-80, during which time we converted from Larkspur to Clansman. We got all this Gucci kit. And, for a whole Recce regiment, a handful of respirator mikes and plastic adaptors.

Two of them managed to find themselves onto my rebroadcast Ferret and follow me when I left Command Troop.

We spent a lot of time exercising in full NBC kit. My messages were never muffled.

Unless somebody found a warehouse somewhere jam packed with some blanket stacker's empire, you'll be hard pushed.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:03 AM, AlienFTM said:

You'll be lucky. As a member of Command Troop I ran the 15/19H regimental Signals store between about 78-80, during which time we converted from Larkspur to Clansman. We got all this Gucci kit. And, for a whole Recce regiment, a handful of respirator mikes and plastic adaptors.

Two of them managed to find themselves onto my rebroadcast Ferret and follow me when I left Command Troop.

We spent a lot of time exercising in full NBC kit. My messages were never muffled.

Unless somebody found a warehouse somewhere jam packed with some blanket stacker's empire, you'll be hard pushed.

While not a warehouse full, the lads out in Poland seem to have found a large handful and stuck them up on Epay.  I went ahead and bought a few because... well I thought I had a reason at the time. 🙂

• Like 1