Mystery Un-Known Instrument Unit / Bracket ?

Andrew Rowe

Just trying to figure out what vehicle this unit is off. There is a smoke screen switch, and and ON/OFF  , left and right movement switch for a Convoy light.

Where the smoke button goes is marked Right for that side, so must be another similar bracket for the left side one 

I found a Butlers switch that fitted the holes perfect, and had the correct right and left hand switch movement.

I take it a smoke screen would only be for a Tank? , Not Valentine , throwing it out there...maybe  Matilda or Covenanter?

Has anyone seen something similar ?, Cheers Andrew.

IMG_0959.JPG

Hi Richard, I know the smoke screen button is airforce, AM manufacture, these were used in Tanks. Bracket is inscribed with Convoy light. Did Planes have Convoy Lights? The wording Convoy is covered up by the switch. The actual switch with the tag was one I found that fitted the holes, so not really sure that this is the proper switch for the bracket?.

Nothing like it in the handbooks for any of those vehicles. It would have to be something with smoke generators both sides in the style of Cromwell etc. None of those vehicles had smoke generators so perhaps it was a retrofit item but the convoy light was normal so would already have been provided for.