Where have all the 109 HVVPK & VPKs gone?

paul connor

Hi Donal, 

When I had it there was no handle/key. If you look at one of the in service images I sent you there appears to be a handle hanging on a string tied to the roof hatch area. It's white string and can be seen on the left of the image.

That's at least all I could interpret that as.

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got an aerial roof mount for the hvvpk? I'm desperately trying to locate one in any condition  see photos, I'm sure they were fitted to other vehicles  . 

Screenshot_20240608_194315_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240608_185016_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot help other than suggest www.thexmod.com might have something in stock?

I have never asked, but does anyone have a parts catalogue for the HVP/HVVPK kits, as this would most certainly help. I have never seen a EMER or AESP for these vehicle, but it must exist somewhere?

regards

Paul

1 hour ago, paul connor said:

I have never asked, but does anyone have a parts catalogue for the HVP/HVVPK kits, as this would most certainly help. I have never seen a EMER or AESP for these vehicle, but it must exist somewhere?

In November 1980 GKN Sankey Automotive Operations published Fitting Instructions for 3/4 Ton GS Land Rover Protection Kit FV984568

These were scrutinised & amended by Vehicles Branch REME in April 1981.

In July 1981 HQ NI noted that the instructions were time consuming & over complicated. Modified instructions were drawn up including detailed drawings of particular parts as well as timed procedures in modifying all aspects to old & new vehicles. The summation of all this is that it took 70.1 hours for an old vehicle & 75.5 hours for a new vehicle. An 'old' vehicle is one that was previously fitted with VPK as fitting just the GRP to an old vehicle took 8.0 hours but to a new vehicle 15.2 hours.

These GKN Sankey instructions are for conversion to HV Protection Kit (Piglet)

There were further instructions for fitting side door/front protection plates in March 1982.

For the original GRP VPK I made the mistake of looking for modifications but it was an installation and is covered in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES Q 025/14 Installation Instruction No.4. 

This publication may well include the spring. I can find EMER WV Q 025/13 for the Lightweight but I don't know about the hatch similarity.

21 hours ago, packard17 said:

Hi all, I'm looking for some of the torsion springs for the top cover hatch screens , if anyone has any or knows where I can get them it would be fantastic 

Screenshot_20240827_182710_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_182734_WhatsApp.jpg

Rear door springs were manufactured by  Morris Springs Ltd.    Rationalized to use same spring  ?   I surmise they used the same spring-maker . Worth contacting Morris - they probably keep a archive of orders / able to identify from.

photographs.http://www.morrissprings.co.uk/