Humber 1 ton truck 1953 APC FV1611B MK1 'PIG' 13BK56 question about history

Hello Kevin, no worries, us pig enthusiasts need to stick together! 

I must say, that’s a great picture of your pig and the canvas! Mine has a lot of work to do before it looks as good as yours! Are you planning to show it this season?

Yes that’s right, BB Engineering. Mines arrived but still in the box! I couldn’t miss that offer! Can’t wait to try it out! 

50A99D53-FFE3-4511-B1EE-4DD1BA243219.jpeg

Hi Andy

Yes certainly anyone with a MK1 should be snapping these up, i'm surprised they didn't sell immediately. If your cover is still in the plastic i would open it and dry it out. Colin at BB may have washed them.The two i had were still slightly damp, mould was starting to grow but cleaned off easy. Its amazing how quickly the appearance of these trucks can change, my truck has been resprayed twice in 5 years probably because it wasn't dry stored at some point. I am hoping to get it road registered next few months so i can take it out and see if it really is as good as it looks; i have a feeling there will be a few road going issues. Only planning very local shows that i can hopefully drive to. Yours no doubt has a solid base to build from (i did see pics of yours painted black when i was looking for pig info) and a bit of paint can do wonders, i think our biggest challenge might be keeping them driving and road worthy. All the best with it.. they are certainly worth the time and effort. Regards Kevin