BSA Parabike, Information required

ferretfixer

OK, so Regarding the humble BSA para bicycle. I have a couple of questions.

1, The decals on these Bikes. Should they be: A, White. B, Gold. C, All Black? Clarification appreciated.

Also, Can a Bike be 'Dated' when Manufactured, via it's Serial Number?

Thanks in Advance. Para bike Affectionardo's!  👍

Kind regards: Mike. :saluting:

On 11/18/2022 at 3:38 PM, ferretfixer said:

OK, so Regarding the humble BSA para bicycle. I have a couple of questions.

1, The decals on these Bikes. Should they be: A, White. B, Gold. C, All Black? Clarification appreciated.

Also, Can a Bike be 'Dated' when Manufactured, via it's Serial Number?

Thanks in Advance. Para bike Affectionardo's!  👍

Kind regards: Mike. :saluting:

Hi Mike, @ferretfixer

I cant't directly answer the Transfer question. Are you referring to the 'piled arms' logo?, if so, I have owned both gold on an early bike, with brown paint, and silver (white?) on a later green bike. 

For manufacture, if the number is below R13000 ish, then probably 1942, above that, probably 1943.

I have asked myself similar questions in the past, and about a month ago decided to do something about the lack of information. I have now collected some 250 serial numbers and bicycle details, and have a better understanding of the variations in frame, colour, wingnuts, serial numbers, pedal reinforcements etc.

I intend to publish this freely soon, but you can see some of the results on thses links (I use the name Mercian on the site).

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/first-pattern-bsa-paratrooper-bicycle-register.216089/

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/second-pattern-bsa-paratrooper-bicycle-register.216098/

If you would like your bike included in the listing, or would like me to send you pictures of unrestored examples close to your serial number, please let me know the number (by PM if you prefer).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Edited by Le Prof