Second World War Generator For Sale That Powered Search Light and Daf Lorry

Richardfv432

1 hour ago, john1950 said:

I know of a similar unit the small excitor generator is used to start the lister. Unscrew all of the large knurled nut decompressors then with it spinning over close them. If it has fuel it should start.

Hi John

Just wondering if you know anything about its previous life, how do you put a value on something like this.

Richard

Generators tend to be worth very little as they are not desrible on the collectors market.  What do you do with it.     If it was on its original trailer and you could guarantee it was working  it might get into the very low thousands.   As it stands scrap vale or for spares so £500 - £600.  You may get more money advertising it on the stationary engine forums 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, REME 245 said:

Generators tend to be worth very little as they are not desrible on the collectors market.  What do you do with it.     If it was on its original trailer and you could guarantee it was working  it might get into the very low thousands.   As it stands scrap vale or for spares so £500 - £600.  You may get more money advertising it on the stationary engine forums 

Thank you for your help. I have passed on the information to the owner, and I think he is going to paint it up, and take it to Shows now.

Richard

the engine and bed are correct, but the original alternator was direct coupled and had a built in exciter on the end of the casing.

belt drive and modern box section would indicate its a modern day build-possibly fairground boys?

7 minutes ago, terryb said:

the engine and bed are correct, but the original alternator was direct coupled and had a built in exciter on the end of the casing.

belt drive and modern box section would indicate its a modern day build-possibly fairground boys?

Yes, you are correct, I believe it was used on a farm, for its previous life.

Cheers.

Richard