Bedford OXA, OXD

Royal42

Hello,

I am trying to scratch build a Bedford OXA and OXD,  any idea on the number of leaves in the suspension please?  It seems to be 9 at the front and 7 primary plus 3 secondary in the rear.

Can anyone provide details, and photos if possible please?

cheers,
Mike

• 3 months later...

Anyone got an answer on my request please?I was told all OXCs came out from the factory as OXDs then modified as OXC. Are they having the same number of leaves springs (rear)? How many?

I knew some early production OXDs had 15 leaves springs (rear), the same as OXA.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Richard,

I don't have access to Facebook but I would be interested to receive any of your data on those vehicles please.  I am building a diorama of a town scene, around the 1950s, and the Bedfords were quite common then.  I can find bodywork images, mostly modern restoration stuff, online; however, the underside details elude me.  

I generally start my build with the chassis, then suspension and followed by the bodywork etc., but the lack of suspension details is holding me back at the moment.

All the best,
Mike