How hard could it be?

morris c8 fat

Question

:| Decided not to change the brake pads yet as i cant find a supplier nearby. But I do need to replace/rebuild the brake cylinders as I think they may have been contaminated so reading the Manual it dosn`t look that difficult. :| So go on tell me what pitfalls await the unwarey? and what Brake fluid do you recomend? :-D

5 answers to this question

there is a company that reline brake cylinders, pastparts. They do a superb job, stainless steel liners and synthetic seals, all guaranteed in the original cylinder. Cost is about the same as replacement, full guarantee and allows the use of modern brake fluids etc, add cupro nickel pipes and just forget.

Problem of doing it your self, slightest bit of dirt or little mistake and OH S********. Sorry your Honour I thought I did right. If the cylinders are pitted etc, forget it they have to be rebored.

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

Here it is, got my brake hoses and seal kits from them.

http://www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk

tel; 01753842680

Cheers for that link, Rick.

Never know when it'll be needed.

:idea: Hey Jack, hows about a HMVF on line members recomended spare parts, services directory. NOT provided by dealers, etc, but by the good folk on here who have had good service/ helpfull advice in respect of their respective 'green machines.'

Have to say pastparts would be on it. Rebuild of a QLR master cylinder, 10 days beautifully cleaned up absolute first class internal work. Its a big complicated bit of kit £160 inc vat and carriage. NOS if you can find one, and no knowing the state the seals in £180