Modern equivalent of a Goodyear hi-miler?

MrEd

My narrow track trailer tyres are unserviceable. Rims are fine but the tyres are perishing and not really for for use. 

can anyone recommend a source of hi-miler or a modern tyre, that looks the same as the hi-miler in 6.50x16 but that don’t break the bank?

i have Michelin 7.50x16 on wolf wheels at the moment, which work fine but would like the option of ‘originality’

thanks all

ed

16 minutes ago, MrEd said:

My narrow track trailer tyres are unserviceable. Rims are fine but the tyres are perishing and not really for for use. 

can anyone recommend a source of hi-miler or a modern tyre, that looks the same as the hi-miler in 6.50x16 but that don’t break the bank?

i have Michelin 7.50x16 on wolf wheels at the moment, which work fine but would like the option of ‘originality’

thanks all

ed

Sankey  NT  did use a Goodyear "Hi-Miler"   was a range of tyres that included the Extragrip.  (similar x -ply by Dunlop & Firestone also used) that was in fact a 6.00x16  ,  it was a trailer tyre  , marked such.   The tread was a multi sipe zig-zag  ,  effectively a Black Cab TAXI TYRE   ,  Austone may still do them (they were seriously £ cheap) but most modern cabs use different tyres.   I use 6.00x16 radials  -  Michelin  XCA  (highest quality  TAXI tyre)  now  NLA.