Bofors Gun maker ID?

A friend here in Australia acquired this sad remnant of a 1941 dated Bofors from the turntable up. It's missing a lot of parts, but does have the breech casing and mounting data plates.

The breech casing plate maker is "RD" and the mounting "AR". I would assume it's British made, so could anyone tell me who these makers are?

Thanks, Graeme 

1927256876_Boforsplategun.JPG.97762782bbe96b17a8bec5a90d9b7340.JPG

989941507_BoforsplateRD.JPG.6e78f028e17d101dcb98b6dc8c20e5f8.JPG

267983247_BoforsplateAR.JPG.fccde870ed46f95010cf7c481c6cfb9d.JPG

Edited by Ballarat Bertie

Just a question about the I.D ing of ROF factories.  I took a look at the online list of ROF facilities and I have to assume it is not complete.  I came across an ROF on a BfA photo that isn't on the list - Whitchurch, and I presume this is just one.  I am not suggesting that the following had ROF status but who knows? (that is a genuine question)  The only place name I have come across (so far) which has R and D in it which has war related work taking place there is Radcliffe, Greater Manchester.  Which had a number of manufacturers of munitions, aircraft and tank components.  I would think though that it would more likely be RC, or just R?

• Like 1

I come across  ROF;s while searching for ARMY AUXILIARY  WORKSHOPS as you say a number do not appear in the list. one that does come up that may or may not help was HEALEY -DELL a munitions factory that  was based in the ROCHDALE area ie R D  I know that they made shells and bombs so may well be nothing

Edited by wally dugan
  • Like 1