Trailer 1/2 ton Jointers

I have just been made aware of  a Jointers trailer that may be up for sale. 

The construction appears wartime but the 6/VEH contact number would indicate post war? The back panel has 70FG13 stencilled on it.

Is it possible to date the trailer?

Thanks

Tasker.jpg

I have a copy of Equipment Regulations - Nomenclature and Coding dated 1968, the only Taskers 1/2ton trailer listed is a water tank. This lists all wartime trailers still in service at that time such as Orme Evans and SS (shown as Jaguar).

I do recollect the Post Office Telephones using these style of trailers back in late 50's onward. As these contract numbers originate from the Ministry of Supply, I have a feeling they may not be military issue at all, and actually ex-GPO.

The army FG number may be a red herring.

• Like 1

Thanks to the link to the earlier posts. This seems very similar to another trailer mentioned = 69FG52.

It does seem odd that trailers with all the features of a wartime 10cwt trailers were being issued with new registrations in the late 1960's. It has all the signs of being military with convoy lights etc. Is it possible that they were held in store from the late 1940's before being registered? You would have thought that by the 1960's any new trailer would have been constructed on the standard Sankey or Brockhouse chassis? 

49 minutes ago, 07BE16 said:

Thanks to the link to the earlier posts. This seems very similar to another trailer mentioned = 69FG52.

This ARN is showing up on the RLC Archive and a data card is available, so that should answer all the questions. Small fee to pay but it is an automatic service and you get the card emailed back to you.

• 3 weeks later...