FV432 fuel solenoid pump query

Deathwing

Question

I agreed to purchase an FV432 from someone which they are renovating for me to fully functional condition, however I am informed that there is a problem with the fuel solenoid pump. Not having much knowledge in this field I'd appreciate advice on the options he is offering me. He says he does not have access to a replacement part. The options he has offered are:

1. A manual on/off; or

2. Lock the switch open and stop the vehicle with the foot stop.

If anyone has any thoughts on the above, please do post and let me know - thanks!

13 answers to this question

hmm the 432's are mega reliable but there are some serious things you need to know about it...very vey very top of the list is the oil in the governor, check this everytime you drive it...if there is no oil in the governor she can and will run away and will self destruct...if you have a leak in the governor, which you shouldn't, fix it...

oils and lubricants are as essential as in every other vehicle.  track tension is vey important as you will lose a track if its not kept within spec...

but as andy says get the service and operators manual and learn a bit about them.  they are not that difficult but they do need some love now and again...we have had one of ours for some 15 years, been 100 percent reliable, even our solenoid has not failed, but then we use it regularly love it regularly and maintain it regularly...