City LEZs and City Centre Road Closures

For members living in Cities other than London, does the existing Historic status of MVs still allow you to drive your MV within the designated LEZ area?

Do you now have problems parking in the road outside your home?

In addition to introducing LEZs , I see that many cities are now looking to block off roads too, so even if your MV is Historic and exempt, I wonder if this is likely to kill off any parades such as for VE-Day in 2025 or indeed stop members from parking up a selection of MVs in the City Centre to support Poppy Day?

Edited by LarryH57

It would be a bit stupid to charge the Army to drive through and ULEZ. God forbid that the bomb disposal squad would be prevented by their CO from attending, as no one at HQ has a Company Visa card to pay fees on line!

But back on topic, how much of these new ideas being all the rage in town halls, will impact on members, if their vehicle is not 'Historic' status?

Well I just had a proper look at https://www.brumbreathes.co.uk/info/5/exemptions-additional-support/21/apply-exemption/8

And it is quite clear on Historic Vehicles, but it never says if exemptions may apply at the Councils discretion. So if one day they want to have a parade of Birmingham built vehicles from around the UK then 'history will have to end after 1980-81, but on the other hand it did as BL were on strike most of the time!