Help to identify KL 70 AB

Many thanks both, also for the merlin website which I couldn't find, looking at the Web pages of the vehicle I will ask for an FOI

Next question I understand trailer started with letters and vehicles numbers but this seems different any advice please 

Richard 

2 minutes ago, Surveyor said:

Many thanks both, also for the merlin website which I couldn't find, looking at the Web pages of the vehicle I will ask for an FOI

Next question I understand trailer started with letters and vehicles numbers but this seems different any advice please 

Richard 

Numbers-Letters-Numbers were changed to Letters-Numbers-Letters for all vehicles including trailers

8 minutes ago, Richard Farrant said:

Numbers-Letters-Numbers were changed to Letters-Numbers-Letters for all vehicles including trailers

Sorry I am getting confused, I have a vehicle with numbers first and a trailer letters first, there is a thread on here asking the question why both and response was it was an asset code for the army, I can't remember seeing a "tug" for any trailer recently not having numbers first, I go near Catterick twice a week and see a fair amount of vehicles, 

Just trying to get a grip on things

1 hour ago, sirhc said:

Nothing to do with an asset code, when they got to the end of the numbers-letters-numbers series they started the letters-numbers-letters series. My newer Wolf is HP63AA but my older Lightweight is 57KB22.

Chris 

Do we have a date roughly when this happened?