DevonPhil

DevonPhil

Evening.  I have just bought a b40 ... not WD ... in boxes to rebuild over winter and sell in the spring.  Keeps me off the streets.  I'd quite like to do it in Royal Navy colours.  Is making a non WD bike look WD considered acceptable, or is it frowned upon?  Thank you.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil

I personally have no issues with homages to military bikes ..Harley has done a great homage to the WLA and I've seen some great military style bikes .

Whilst military bikes after ww2 were sold very cheaply most were worked to death and resulting genuine military bikes often demand high prices...this has lead to bikes being disguised and passed off as military bikes and regrettably on this forum we have to unpick the true history after purchase

I hope that helps 

Jenkinov

Its the same as the recent thread about replicas, if its a replica and stated its a replica then thats fine. If its a replica but then stated as an original thats a different matter.

Its also down to the individual, go with what you feel is ok for you. Who are we all to really judge anyone.