CVR(T) FV103 Spartan Steering Brake Hydraulic Reservoirs

TheAmericanPatriot

My Steering Brake Reservoirs in my Spartan are starting to approach unacceptable levels and i have never filled them before. Is there an exact fluid that the vehicle likes to have put in there or is it just any hydraulic oil? To be honest i am not sure what the fluid is but i believe it to be hydraulic oil. Im learning! Some assistance and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

Use only mineral brake or clutch fluid such as Citroen LHM. Highly likely it will be the steering tiller master cylinders weeping, as most stored cvrt's had stagnant water covering where they sit.

Simple cheap fix though-land rover series 111  master cylinder seal kit-but make sure its for mineral oil (green colour coded)

7 hours ago, terryb said:

Use only mineral brake or clutch fluid such as Citroen LHM. Highly likely it will be the steering tiller master cylinders weeping, as most stored cvrt's had stagnant water covering where they sit.

Simple cheap fix though-land rover series 111  master cylinder seal kit-but make sure its for mineral oil (green colour coded)

Thanks i really appreciate it! I'll let you know if you're right when i get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your guy's help. It is priceless